The Collaborative Storytelling Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] Intersession: Light in the Dark

2 posters

Go down

[IC] Intersession: Light in the Dark  Empty [IC] Intersession: Light in the Dark

Post by Nehiel Mori Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:39 am

After taking some time to himself to gather his thoughts and take in the beauty of the garden, Cyrus approaches his forefather.

"Breckton, sir. Now that I've had a moment to collect my thoughts and take in the beauty of this..." Cyrus takes yet another moment to gaze at the garden, the garden that represents the first real warmth in a life defined by darkness and shadows. "I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. Questions about the Shadows that I have to struggle with. Both the ones within and without."
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[IC] Intersession: Light in the Dark  Empty Re: [IC] Intersession: Light in the Dark

Post by The Dungeonmaster Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:17 pm

The ancient paladin nodded quietly, slowly spinning a cherry blossom between his fingers. Cyrus. The boy had walked a wandering path. Wisdom lay at the end of such journeys, as did corruption, and the young knight's path was not yet finished.

"If you ask, I will answer as best I can."
The Dungeonmaster
The Dungeonmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[IC] Intersession: Light in the Dark  Empty Re: [IC] Intersession: Light in the Dark

Post by Nehiel Mori Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:31 pm

"Thank you." Cryus says in gratitude then takes a seat somewhere near Brecktin. "First, I'd like to ask about the Shade. I've been thinking him over and trying to figure out his modus operandi and from what I've been able to gather he relies on deals. I was curious though and hoped you'd be able to know... can he act without deals at all? From my time on Proskovia I've learned largely how the shadows and their deals work so I'd normally assume that without a deal he holds no power; but this island is special."

Cryus's eyes break over to the rest of the group before flickering back to Brecktin. "I don't want to make an assumption that would get us all killed. We've all lost to much, especially Ishida. I owe it to him to get us out of here alive."
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dungeonmaster Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:36 pm

"The shade is a sly creature." Sir Brechton sighed, "Normally, the shadows are unable to take any action in the mortal realms without a bargain. However, these shadows that speak through the shade long ago made a pact with my old friend Nikolai, the Jester. Here they can manifest a form, the one you call the Shade, and act with limited autonomy."
The Dungeonmaster
The Dungeonmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:43 am

"What are the limits to what it can do? I wont make any more compromises with it, but something tells me it wont like that. What retribution should I be expecting from him? I know that it will attempt to kill me and mine once it realizes that I wont bend to the shadows any longer." Cyrus asks.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dungeonmaster Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:56 am

"The Shade has great power within its physical manifestation. It finds direct conflict vulgar and in the shadow courts having to enter into such a brawl is an admission that you are not clever enough for the game. It's similar to a man that feels the urge to beat an opposing chess player until he resigns. One has, in many ways, already lost in a shadow game where one employs such tactics."

Sir Brechton chuckled, "For all of that, if pushed - the Shade will be one of the most terrifying enemies you have yet faced. And his loss of the respect of his peers will not overly concern the dead."
The Dungeonmaster
The Dungeonmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:58 am

"So... I take it simply saying 'no' wont cut it then?" Cyrus asks. "Sounds like a bad girlfriend."
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dungeonmaster Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:02 am

Sir Brechton's brow wrinkled into puzzlement.

"Why would the friend being female be relevant?"
The Dungeonmaster
The Dungeonmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:07 am

Cyrus can't help but chuckle just a little."Its a colloquialism for romantic partner. Don't worry about it."

Cyrus takes another look at justice, admiring the humble beauty of the blade before asking "I don't supposed a sharp stick of hallowed steel would do much to hurt him... if provoked of course."
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dungeonmaster Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:10 am

"I would not trust that assumption." The ancient paladin chuckled softly, "He did not much appreciate the blade when I battled him. There is a reason he wears the hat. He's missing the top of his skull."
The Dungeonmaster
The Dungeonmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:15 am

"Ha! Well done Sir, well done. I tip my hat to you." Cyrus says. "Well, I clearly can't just attack him; that would be losing. But I can't give in to the shadows, because that would be losing. I hate losing. Is there anything you know about the shadow games? Some trick I could pull to get a one up on him? The Shades been playing these games for as long as he has existed; I just started when I arrived at this island. I'll admit, I might be out of my element here."
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dungeonmaster Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:17 am

"I care not for the games of the Shade and his company. Bargain with him not, refuse to compromise your morals. A good man he can only kill, and a good death is its own reward."
The Dungeonmaster
The Dungeonmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:19 am

"I suppose... if I force him to kill me; that means I win doesn't it? Looks like I get to continue the family tradition of stubbornness!" Cyrus says.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dungeonmaster Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:23 am

"Perhaps you should let go of the notion of winning the shadow game. Victory is better measured in lives saved than shades embarrassed."
The Dungeonmaster
The Dungeonmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:38 am

"That is... that is a fair point..." Cyrus says, and lets out a sigh. "I'm not looking to throw my life away. I'm not, well, Nate. But you are right. There is more at stake then my ego, and attempting to win the games will just get more people killed."

Cyrus pauses for a moment and rubs his forehead, then looks back up to the paladin with conviction in his voice. "I don't want to die Brecktin... but I would rather die as me than live as the Jester. In the long run, my soul is worth more than my life. I wont play his games."
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down