The Collaborative Storytelling Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's In?

+3
Nehiel Mori
Kindulas
Jentaru
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who's In?  Empty Who's In?

Post by Jentaru Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:43 am

So who wants to be a part of my adventure? What characters are you guys going to run? I know I have heard a couple of people talk about wanting to join but lets see who would like to Smile

EDIT: You guys should make your characters starting at level 2.
Jentaru
Jentaru

Back to top Go down

Who's In?  Empty Re: Who's In?

Post by Kindulas Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:48 am

Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindulas Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:50 pm

"This is a war. A war we're losing. Gods and devils alike are pushed into a corner while the mortal world is consumed like the plane below it. Virtually any means justify the ends of pushing back the demonic hordes.

Not yet fully accepted by my infernal kin, I must make allies with whoever I can to prove myself and fight back against these monstrosities"

Asmona is short tempered and destructive, but cunning, as well as cruel. While her preferred M.O is brute force and destruction, she knows when to sit back and plan. Brute force is best used when applied to weak points (the point I need to make is no, this is not just an evil Yukarin.)

Combat wise she is an AoE ult build that works to gain PiPs and fire off -8/-9 moves. She also has crescendo for solos, and drain blood to take advantage of vulnerability.

Last edited by Kindulas on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:26 pm

(moving it here)

I will be playing a Changeling Mage called Rapture.

Rapture is, at his heart, an explorer. His goal is to explore the world of Lyssinia to its fullest. That he can change to mimic any race is a great boon, able to avoid any racial tension by mimicking the culture before he arrives. Rapture has spent a great deal of time studying cultures enough to blend in as a local.

Of course if the demons win the war, there will be nothing left to explore. Rapture has a vested interest in seeing all demons destroyed, turned into nothing more then a pile of gore and blood. When it comes to solving problems Rapture follows the policy of ends justifying the means. When confronted violently the best way to characterize his response is "precision overkill." Explosions, explosions everywhere, but his allies always seem to get pulled out of the way by his telekentics. Or, his enemies get pulled into them.

Currently, Rapture is looking for allies. Allies who would be willing to do what it takes to commit demonic genocide.

Here is my character sheet
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uT.TerAbsurdity Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:03 pm

WELL FINE! If we're all moving over here, I guess I have no choice.

Borris is an artist, first and last.

He was born to a family and had a childhood. They're dead, that's great, life moves on. Borris never fully understood the beauty in art until the age of 28 when he suffered a deep cut to his right palm, leaving a permanent scar. While a less appreciative man would have cried out in pain, Borris' eyes flew wide with enlightenment. The jaggedness of his wound, the color and flow of his blood as it poured from his hand, it all knocked down a creative barrier he never knew he had. Suddenly, he saw the beauty in it all. The world needed art and art needed the world. The body was the canvass, blood the paint; all that was lacking was a painter to orchestrate it all into a gorgeous masterpiece. As he grew, so did his mastery of his art. He began small, carving his works onto the destitute, the ones cast out of society. As his successes soared higher, so did his goals. He later "found" an enchanted mask as he was painting a exceptionally momentous piece on the body of a well-known magician. As he put it on, he quickly discovered a very interesting, yet unexpected, ability to control patches of weather as he wanted. What he didn't know until over a year later was that he had gained possession of legendary Puppeteer's Mask, an enchanted mask capable of controlling the weather like a puppeteer would control a puppet. With a dance of his fingers, Borris was able to shape clouds, create rain and fog, and he even created a lightning bolt inside his studio. He immediately began practicing his new-found talents and eventually grew to master what he had. After that, capturing his next source of artwork became both boundlessly more entertaining and just as creatively stimulating. His favorite method was creating an intense fog during a nighttime rainstorm and luring his victims into abandoned buildings under the guise of shelter from the elements.

...But that all changed when the demon nation attacked.

Were the demons to successfully take over, Borris' sources of art would dry up to nothing. And a world without art is a world lost to endless oblivion. With that in mind, Borris decides to move his art studio and attempt his works on a new medium.

And should he run into others who share in his desire to halt the demon invasion, he could perhaps place them on a short list of those who deserve to see his art rather than be his art. Granted that would all hinge on their willingness to help him further the spreading of his various masterpieces. If not, well, he could always use more practice with his post-modernism.

My character sheet.
uT.TerAbsurdity
uT.TerAbsurdity

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindulas Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 pm

"Your motivations are curious, and by mortal standards you are a petty, filthy mongrel of a man and by all accounts deranged. However, with no regard for the mortal life I would accept you as an ally far about most, as I fear many a warrior of justice would try to get in the way of my most efficient methods whenever innocents are involved. And while I have no empathy for your views on art I will admit I too take great pleasure in the extinguishing of a life."
Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:41 am

((If we are going to use this to meet in character I'd like to bother Chris for a bit of a scene setting))
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lapis-Lazily Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:17 am

I have two questions.
Is this a new play by post and is there space available?
If the answer to both of these questions is yes, then I'm in.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtune Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:20 am

I'm in, and here he is...
Captain Mordrik

Born into a family of class, Mordrik found his life dull and meaningless. At the young age of 14 his family estate was burst open and Lord Romano demanded his father's money. Mordrik watched as his father was sliced open, his mother and sister raped. He was beaten within an inch of his life and left in the ally way to rot. He faded in and out of sight as the rest of his family were taken onto ships, most likely to be sold as slaves in the larger cities.
His mind broke. He spent the next six years struggling to survive, focusing on finding his family and getting revenge on Romano. He became quite athletic and smart with mechanical systems (mostly locks). At the age of 20 he joined a crew destined for the demon spire and trading routes.
The passage across the great sea was torture for all aboard. The crew was pushed over the breaking point. Mordrik organized a mutiny and personally dragged the hated captain to the rigging and tossed him into the waiting sea. Piece by piece. Leaving the head to serve as a symbol for his crew's new freedom. All of the while they cheered.
He spent several years leading his crew in the glorious profession on piracy. Over his adventures he has been wounded several times. Each time he replaced the broken part with technology he has found. He is a true cyborg, having replaced his sword arm, left leg, and right eye.
He has recently found information on Lord Romano and his lost family. He is laid back, but that maybe because of his broken mind or genuine lack of interest. The only things that capture his full attention are, gold, booze, murder and women....mostly for the entertainment he finds. Need some food? Ask him he has spent a long time cooking for his crew...take care though....
Showtune
Showtune

Back to top Go down

Post by uT.TerAbsurdity Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:28 am

Wait....Is this going to be a play-by-post?
uT.TerAbsurdity
uT.TerAbsurdity

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindulas Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:57 am

1) This is not a Play by Post
2) Who is Showtunes?
Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtune Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:06 am

A Friend of Devin, Dan Child, Michael, Wolfgang.
Real name is James
Showtune
Showtune

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:16 am

Michael told me about him today. I can vouch for what he said.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindulas Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:58 am

ah ha! I know you then.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uT.TerAbsurdity Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Hmm...erm, I- I think I might have to drop out of this. The likelihood of all of us finding a night that'd work isn't very high. I'm only available Wednesday and Friday nights. Even then, I have music rehearsals 7-8 on Wed and 6-7 on Fri. I really don't want to drop out but this campaign working with my scheduling looks pretty bleak right now. :/
uT.TerAbsurdity
uT.TerAbsurdity

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindulas Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:31 am

Hm.... well, we don't want you to drop either, but if there isn't a good time for you...

One weird idea of mine was to run it on the hours before the Saturday evening games
Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jentaru Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:36 am

I don't think it should be every week. I personally have art projects I would like some time on the weekends to do, especially with the amount of work this class requires of me.
Jentaru
Jentaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindulas Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:52 am

Well every other week at that time. Not the point. I don't like those hours though...
Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindulas Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:20 am

Now, not counting Michael, WOULD every other Friday or Saturday work for most people?
Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtune Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 am

Unless something comes up, which i will tell you guys about i'm good for Fridays and most Saturdays.
Showtune
Showtune

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:41 am

I'm good all days.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindulas Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:44 am

I mean Sunday
Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uT.TerAbsurdity Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:08 am

Sunday probably wouldn't work for me. I don't yet have a finalized work schedule but Sunday afternoon/evening is one of the days I work.

Though, Friday or Saturday morning could work for me. With the provision that I have that 6-7 pm rehearsal time.
uT.TerAbsurdity
uT.TerAbsurdity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jentaru Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:15 am

I don't think mornings really work out. Just the way stuff happens. I personally vote for Fridays because I like doing it then with everything else that goes on with my weekends (Sorry Michael).
Jentaru
Jentaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindulas Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:21 am

Friday is probably best, but I'm not sure how to work with that 6-7.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan-prime Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:37 am

So, just by-the-by I am in for the campaign.
Dan-prime
Dan-prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Jentaru Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:05 am

Sweet Smile Who are you gonna be playing you think?
Jentaru
Jentaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan-prime Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:41 am

So far I have a dragonborn cleric of (insert god of justice here) with a focus on the "hellfire and damnation" of an Old Testament God. Purge the Heretics and all that with the cheery disposition of a Southern Baptist preacher. There's a plague upon the earth and he's here meet it with extreme prejudice. Those he deems unworthy will meet the same end as the demons. Entire villages will be made martyr if it means striking a decisive blow against the forces of Hell.

As far as mechanics are concerned, he focuses on weather-crafting for the purpose of bringing divine wrath in the form of lightning strikes, he has flying, memory to mist and true-sight. In combat he does some healing, but mostly focuses on condemnations, divine rebukes, reactions and interrupts to discourage attacks and minimize damage.
Dan-prime
Dan-prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Jentaru Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Fits with the party morals perfectly!

This should be a lot of fun.
Jentaru
Jentaru

Back to top Go down

Post by uT.TerAbsurdity Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:37 pm

'Kay. My personal suggestion for session times would be Friday night starting just slightly after 7. Sadly, just about anything other than that will clash with something I've got going. But that's just my suggestion.
uT.TerAbsurdity
uT.TerAbsurdity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jentaru Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:22 pm

After 7 could work. I would be up for that. It would even give me a little time to finish planning if I need to after classes on Friday.
Jentaru
Jentaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan-prime Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:37 pm

That plan fits with my schedule. Not my first choice but it works.
Dan-prime
Dan-prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtune Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 pm

I'm open for it.
Showtune
Showtune

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehiel Mori Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 pm

As I said before, I'm good all the time. When are we starting?
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindulas Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Nehiel Mori wrote:As I said before, I'm good all the time. When are we starting?
Jentaru wrote:After 7 could work. I would be up for that. It would even give me a little time to finish planning if I need to after classes on Friday.
I can do that
Kindulas
Kindulas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: